Last Sunday (the 21st), I purposefully did not blog. I (along with hubby) had spent the previous two weeks painting the dining room and kitchen (and, by default, the bathroom off the kitchen), canning, cooking, running around, entertaining, etc., that come that Sunday, I refused to turn on the computer – not even to read any blogs, emails, Facebook posts… After the brunch we served to my sisters (for their birthdays) and their families, and once we had cleaned up the kitchen, we just sat on our duffs and watched two movies and a few TV programmes! I had lots of food that just had to be nuked to feed us, so all was perfect!
Yesterday, after our drive home from Mom’s, we stopped off at the Marché Jean Talon to pick up more tomatoes (yes, there will be more canning this week!) and to have lunch with our boys in Little Italy. Such an absolutely gorgeous day, we lunched outside on a terrasse (must be pronounced with a French accent) and just enjoyed the sunshine. We got home rather late and, while hubs washed his truck, I sat and read my book!. Perfect Sunday afternoon. When it was time to write my post, the blasted Internet started causing me grief. After an hour of frustration – starting and stopping and starting over, I finally turned the bloody computer off and picked up my book again!
So, now that my rant is over, let me get to my list!
- Being able to spend an afternoon in the sunshine with my guys, on a terrasse (despite having the sun in their eyes!) is a rarity lately. Makes me so happy!
- Driving up to Mom’s on such a beautiful fall day, snapping away at the endless colours, truck windows wide open.
- Going to pick apples at the Verger des Dix-Terres and being able to pick Honey Crisps! Plus Redcorts and Spartans… but Honey Crisps!!!
- Wearing shorts during the weekend of September 27-28 is da Bomb! Even up north, the temperature reached 28°C! (Way above average… yes, I know Global Warming but still enjoyable!)
- Knowing my words touched the person they were meant for…
- Reading other bloggers’ most interesting posts and learning and growing from them.
- Enjoying the moment for whatever it brings.