I’m truly trying not to complain about the weather. It is getting old after all but really? Tonight will hit a low of -16ºC (feeling like -26ºC)! Ugh. We’re done. I’m grateful I don’t live on the East Coast where they got royally slammed again… Blech. What with following all these fabulous bloggers living in Portland, Florida, Ireland, UK, etc. showing off their spring flowers…
It’s been a week of highs and lows; get-togethers cancelled for illness, surprise visits from others; productivity and laziness; good things and crappy things ~ all meshed into one week! Real life, shall we say!
- Finally cleared my closet! It’s true what they say: Clutter affects not only the visual but the mental. Big load off and now ready to tackle next projects.
- Unplanned brunch with Karen and surprise visit from Tonia ~ always welcome happenings.
- Friends with specialties coming to check things out for me. Merci Pierre, j’apprécie que tu as vérifié mon système de chauffage! (Thanks for checking my furnace.)
- Being able to count on family to come help out when your alternator decides that quitting on our way home at 11:30 p.m. is a good thing. Having them drive your boys home so they don’t have to freeze in your car while you wait for CAA (Canadian equivalent to AAA) and then sitting in his bum-warming car till the guy arrives. Thanks Chris! xoxox
- So grateful CAA guy, along with teenaged sons, managed to push car into driveway; barely at a legal limit…
- Having your neighbour (5 houses down) offer the services of her husband… OK, OK, husband offered to help! to come and help change the alternator ~ even if, after working on bloody car in freezing weather for three hours, results were not what was desired. Thanks for trying, Mike and thanks for offering his services, Fhameeda!
- Thankful to have a mechanic in the “family” (Mick’s friend-family, that is), Andre, who only wants supper as payment when he comes by tomorrow to fix said problem. (Fingers crossed it is only the strap and not the whole alternator…)
- Being nudged, by Sarah, to try my hand at Friday Fictioneers and getting a good response! Being nudged, by Safia, to join in on Six Hens to write one of my stories with the chance of being published in their premiere issue. Makes me want to write even more. Now I’ve definitely got some goals to work towards.