This blogging world is pretty darn small sometimes… The other day, Amy over at the Bumble Files posted her love/hate list, and though she didn’t tag anyone, I was thinking that maybe I’d play along. Well! Sammy over at Bemuzin took it a step further and DID tag me! What’s a girl to do when the Universe conspires? Play along, that’s what!! Before I get started, please note I hate the word hate and have been trying to remove it from my vocabulary. It’s so huge. And though my list will contain things I hate for realz, it will also contain some things I really, really, really dislike… 😉 OK, maybe I do hate them!
Yes I do love my family and my extended family; that goes without saying
The rules are simple: list 10 things I love, 10 things I hate and enlist 10 others to do the same…
- Gatherings: small or large; with friends or family or both; preferably with good food and wine.
- Entertaining. Feeding my guests with food I’ve created (and getting the oohs and aahs too!)
- A clean house. One that smells like it’s been cleaned and sparkles and shines. See H2 below.
- The smell of freshly mown lawn. I took a walk today and every second house seemed to have the lawnmower going!
- Sitting in dappled sunlight, feeling the faintest of breezes, with no sounds other than the leaves rustling.
- Listening to my boys razz each other, laughing all the long.
- Getting caught in a summer rain, splashing in the warm puddles.
- Summer thunderstorms, when I am safe inside the house.
- Walking my dog, camera in hand, snapping whatever catches my eye.
- Sitting in a comfy chair on a covered porch, book in one hand, wine glass in the other, while the rain beats a soft tattoo.
- My backyard neighbours: the adults, the kids, the yapping dog ~ all of them ~ wish they were GONE.
- House cleaning. There is nothing remotely enjoyable about passing a vacuum, mopping the floor, waxing furniture… no matter how nice it looks. See L3 above.
- Being “flushed”. We set a date, we marked our calendars. That said, I know things happen and schedules can change. By the way, I hate flushing as much as I hate being flushed. I will be gracious about it, most times. Some are unfortunately repeat offenders.
- Being pranked. I have a sense of humour for many things ~ definitely not this one. Mick is lucky he survived the one and only time he pulled one on me. Not funny.
- Being ridiculed or laughed at. I know it’s important to learn to let things slide off my back but I have a really hard time with this one. I envy those who can laugh it off.
- Being ignored.
- When you step into a store and like vultures, all the sales people pounce on you. It’s enough for me to hightail it and run!
- When you actually need help in a store and not a salesperson can be found!
- Lack of table manners: chewing with an open mouth, biting the utensil (major shudder on this one), talking with the mouth full, elbows on the table…
- Always negative people; the ones who bitch and complain about everything. I call these energy vampires and I release them from my presence!
It took me a few days to come up with this list, having so recently done the 50 things that make me happy. I had an evening where everyone was breathing my air so I could not think of 10 Loves! They would have been coloured by my bad mood (yes, occasionally, I do indulge!) As I didn’t want that colouring my list, I abstained. All is good now!
So, here’s the part where I should tag 10 people to do this but I won’t. If you do want to play along, please do! I look forward to getting to know you a little more.