50 Happy Things I’m Grateful For in 2016
I follow Rochelle Wisoff-Fields and her blog Addicted to Purple and she took on Dawn Landau from Tales of the Motherland’s challenge that she took on from… well, you get the picture. Actually, it was originally a “50 Things That Make You Happy” that evolved into a “50 Things that Make you Grateful” because, as those of us Gratitude Practitioners know, being grateful brings happiness and vice-versa. As I write this… I realize that I participated in a happy challenge in 2015! Seriously, Dude.. where is YOUR memory? (she says to herself…)
OK… Enough blah, blah! If you want the official rules and regs, I would click on Dawn’s link as she gets into the nitty-gritty. But basically, get ready, put a timer on for 15 minutes and write away 50 things for which you are grateful and/or that make you happy.
To join us for this project: 1) Write your post and publish it (please copy and paste the instructions from this post, into yours) 2) Click on the blue frog. 3) That will take you to another window, where you can past the URL to your post. (folks have trouble with this, but it’s not that hard. 4)Follow the prompts, and your post will be added to the Blog Party List. The inLinkz will be open until January 3, 2017
50 Things I’m Thankful/Grateful For That Make me Happy, in no particular order…
- My children Iain and Aidan
- Snow at Christmas
- Having a roof over my house
- My dog Zeke
- Friday Fictioneers
- My sisters Lisa and Tracy
- The blogosphere and the friends that I have made.
- Mom, who is always there when we need her
- Running water
- Being able to drive to where I want to go
- Tuscany – and me finally getting to go there!
- Milena from L’Albero Gameli for making my first night in Tuscany so memorable
- Linda and George for creating Cook in Tuscany
- Facebook which has allowed me to not only find people but keep in touch with them
- My almost 20 years with Mick which has given me so many stories to write about
- Living in a place that enjoys all four seasons
- My eyes, for allowing me to be able to read and see the world
- Running into an old friend in the middle of Montefollonico
- My job that I never thought I’d like, much less be good at
- The fact I don’t have to work this winter, unless I really want to
- Flannel sheets in winter
- Air conditioning in Summer
- Heating in Winter
- Boucherville – home town and where I find much bliss
- Frank – because he is going to ask me why is not on the list
- My smile – I have to accept it as good as it is always commented on!
- The fact my boys are starting to do things on their own just because and not because I asked!
- My lack of allergies.
- My cooking skills
- Circle of friends
- Photography, which allows me to express myself
- Resilience – to overcome obstacles
- Laughter – the best sound ever
- My independence
- Brothers-in-law for all the ways they help me out
- Smell of fresh cut grass
- Scent of petrichor
- Summer rain
- Big fluffy snowfall any time in winter
- Warm clothes to be able to play in the snow
- Pools and lakes and oceans in hot weather
- Good glass of wine
- Love – the possibilities of it
Now, this is quite the random list, and that’s okay. It’s what it is supposed to be! I could have cheated and changed some of my answers but I followed the rules and added the pics later… days later. I wanted this out before midnight and I’ve got three minutes to post!