When the mojo is not to be found and you read a fun survey post in which you know you can answer, well, you, hopefully, use this as a way to get things going. So thank you Ally from The Spectacled Bean for nudging me to answer Maggie’s (From Cave Walls) blogging questions.
Hey, use what works, eh?
1. How many times per week do you post? Do you post multiple times a day? If so, how many?
- When things are flowing and I am in the mood for participating in challenges or when I just have things to share, I could post up to three times per week. Most times, it’s once per week. However, this is my first post of 2023…
2. How many blogs do you follow?
- I had to look this up. I apparently follow 139 sites. However, I do not receive email notifications from all of them – I did a major cleanup and some I access through the Reader. Those multi-posters? The ones I really appreciate and love, I had to change the settings to get only one email per day which gives me a link to three of their posts – I still can’t keep up.
3. Do you read all the blogs you follow every day? If not, how often do you read other blogs?
- I read blogs every day. Do I read all of them? No. I spend so much time trying to catch up that every now and again, I just flush my whole inbox and start anew.
4. Do you seek out new blogs to follow? If so, how do you find them?
- While I don’t necessarily seek them out, I discover them from comments they leave on my blog or other blogs I follow. Have made some lovely discoveries that way.
5. Do you comment on the blogs you read? If not, why? Do you respond to all the comments left on your blog?
- I comment on almost all the bloggers I follow (though maybe not all their posts – multi-posters, that means you!) and I respond to every one left on mine – note to anyone I might have missed, the key word is missed! I often go back to make sure I left none behind…
6. Do you ever close comments on a blog you post? If so, why?
- I close comments on reblogs, encouraging people to go visit the original post. I’ve never closed comments on mine (and am now going to join the 21-day club and see if my spam reduces…)
7. Do you ever unfollow someone? If so, why?
- Yes, I have unfollowed some that just don’t have anything to offer me, are too long-winded, too political. Others I simply remove the option of receiving emails for their posts and can access them through the Reader on those days when I have more time.
8. What content inspires you to follow a blogger?
- Hard to pick: Some make me think, some make me laugh, some inspire me…
9. What content turns you off from following someone?
- Not taking the time to even “like” a comment I left them (I mean systematically, not missing a comment as I mention in no. 5). Why should I bother? Also, if they are all about the “woe is me” and super negative and depressing, or very political and ramble on, I am outta there.
10. How important is it to you that you add a photo to every post?
- What? Post without a photo? GASP!
11. Leave me a link for one blogger (other than yourself) that you think I should check out.
- Now, I may be biased but that doesn’t mean it’s not for good reason. He is funny, smart, well-read, snarky, but best of all, he has beautiful writing skills. More than one writer has said they want to throw their own computer into the lake after reading his prose. He writes at Sorryless.