Good Wednesday morning, my peeps! ‘Tis another beautiful day in my neighbourhood. Last night’s rain has cooled things off somewhat, though apparently we have another chance for more thunder showers this afternoon. I’ll take it. My grass no longer has a tint of green to it. Or barely.
This week, Rochelle chose a photo from Ted Strutz… A thank you to both of you for your part in these shenanigans this week. This has brought me down memory lane again as, frankly, this water plane made me think of Mick and his love for fishing.
G’head. Click me!
“Rog, it’s gonna be so cool. Your office boyfriend Mario invited me to join him and his buddies on a fishing trip. You’re cool with that?”
“You keep stealing my boyfriends!” I laughed.
“Yeah, yeah. Get this. We first have to drive for miles to the middle of nowhere, then take a water plane further north. Coolest fishing trip ever.”
“How can I say no?”
His enthusiasm was contagious.
Back at work, Mario told me Mick hit it off so well with his buddies that if they did it again, and were missing a spot, they’d take Mick over him!
While looking for the photos of this said trip, I landed on the video Mick’s friend Paul made to honour his best friend. They went on many a fishing trip together; both of them avid fishermen…
So, without announcing anything and without truly planning it, I took a little two-week break from writing. Why? I cannot say. I’d sit down at the computer and read all (OK, not ALL but many) of my favourite bloggers and left comments here and there so I didn’t disappear completely. Just couldn’t seem to get my writer’s mojo going (not for lack of subjects, just for lack of oomph).
A certain pink pachyderm has wondered about me and let me know that I was missed so, well, here I am. I couldn’t really stay away longer much than that anyway. Unless some knight in shining armour whisks me up and takes me away to Tuscany where I shall have no time to write as I will be in some Nonna’s kitchen, learning the proper way to make pasta and, when not in her kitchen, will be visiting various vineyards learning about this and that grape and the process of making such delicious libations, and, when not there, maybe I’ll be in some olive grove, picking the perfectly ripe olives so that they may be cured or pressed into EVOO…. OK… I think you get the point. I’m back and not going anywhere!
Lemon Mint Yogurt Cake
- Had a wonderful time at Tammy and André’s for T’s birthday and was pleasantly surprised to find Phany & Bill as well as Dorothy & Lorne already there. Happy my little something sweet to end the meal with was big enough…
- Will forever be grateful to Paul and Armen for bringing my boys fishing for the week-end in honour of their father, Mick.
- Since my boys were away… I had a choice: Stay home and do whatever the hell I felt like (oh wait, I already do that) or I could finally accept Jeff’s
nagging offer to go up to his cottage on Rice Lake for some R&R. Other than a bit of rain, the weather was perfectomundo! Plus, I didn’t have to cook a single meal… well, I did make a grilled corn salad.
- Zeke very kindly did not puke in my still-new car (I was a tad worried as he hasn’t been the best passenger for long rides lately!)
- I’ve managed to keep my pool sparkling clear for a whole two weeks! Nary a sign of green anywhere (except the spotlight 😉 )
- Took my boys to see “Pixels” and of course that included a sushi dinner. We enjoyed both. Mick was a huge arcade guy so he would have loved the movie…