Was just about to hit the hay when I realised I forgot this week’s list! My bad!
The weather was all over the map this week, from +6ºC to -15°C to sunshine, to grey to blizzard-like conditions. Mother nature must be going through menopause; she’s blowing hot and cold!
Lots of cooking, a few walks some catching up on sleep, hanging out with various friends… good week!
- Was a good week for the catering business.
- Had a great Skype chat with my Sister-from-another-Mister, RRR.
- So happy I accepted the invites to the Mary Kay and Tupperware Parties ~ they have made a comeback! Got made up all “perty-like” in the afternoon, then in the evening sat around with a bunch of women heckling the Tupperware lady and laughing till it hurt.
- Not only did I sit with four women at the Mary Kay thing and with nine women at the Tupperware thing, my morning started with brunch with four other women! It wasn’t International Woman’s Day on Saturday but sure felt like it. 🙂
- Had a great lunch with a friend I hadn’t seen in too many years to count ~ not only did we reminisce and catch up on each other’s lives, we realised we had much in common ~ who knows what could result!
Another month come and gone in a wink and yet at times it felt quite long. Time is such a funny thing.
I spent almost three days of doing nothing! Mind you, Friday I felt the beginnings of a cold so I, for once, actually rested, drank lots of fluids and rested some more. One would think that by Saturday I would be up and at ’em. Nope. Spent the whole day in PJs and relaxing. Today? Tempting as it was, I did feel the necessity of removing a layer of stink off my skin! Though how much can you really stink by doing nothing? 😉 Can’t say I was overly productive today either. OK… Wasn’t even a bit other than making myself a fabulous breakfast! Oh, and a surprise visit from a friend. Toujours contente de te voir Mario! xoxo
Moondust, Iain’s lazy cat
I Skyped with two of my blogger friends this week! It is great having the written repartee happening on our blogs or via email or Facebook but to talk face-to-face? Now that is very cool. Watch out folks, I’ve taken a liking to this method of communicating!!
As I don’t have a job per se, I was able to actually take the time to rest and get over my cold that much faster…
Always being a glass half-full-kind-of-person; instead of getting mad that I was not notified that my services were no longer required and that I was building up stock for nothing, I looked at the six meals sitting in my freezer as free nights for the boys and me.
Took my boys out on Monday night for sushi and a movie ~ went to see Mortdecai, which was surprisingly enjoyable and funny (even the boys thought so!)
Had lunch with my sisters and Dad’s widow, Susan, and realised just how lucky we are that we can get together at the drop of a hat. So happy we all make an effort to keep in touch with Sue.
Had supper with Patti, whom I hadn’t seen since she left for her honeymoon. Always great to catch up with a girlfriend and have someone to bitch and moan with. xoxo